Ok, back to the topic. This Loh Bak recipe was adapted from Ohbin's blog. I had cut the amount into half. This was my first attempt and the loh bak turn out really nice, everyone who tried gave thumbs up.
|These were the dishes of the night, we also got nice and tasty Lou Sang from Alson and Angie.|
|Loh Bak (Minced Meat Beancurd Roll)|
Loh Bak (Adapted from Ohbin@五香春卷)
500g pork mince
250g prawn paste
10 shallots (finely chopped)
10-15 water chestnut (finely chopped)
1 large carrot (chopped)
20 cream cracker biscuit (break into small pieces)
2 pcs beancurd sheet
1 1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 tbsp light soy sauce
1 tsp chinese five spice powder
1 tsp freshly ground white pepper
1) Soak beancurd sheet in water, remove from water when it is soften. Cut into half and set aside.
2) Mix the rest of the ingredients in a mixing bowl, add in seasonings and mix until well combined.
3) Line a piece of beancurd sheet on a flat surface, spoon the mixture onto the sheet and roll up. Repeat until all the mixture finished.
4) Prepare a steamer and steam it for about 5 mins, leave it cool before frying as the steam might make the hot oil splash.
5) Deep fry the beancurd roll until golden brown. Slice and serve.