Monday 1 October 2012

Baked Mayo Black Pepper Chicken Wings


My brother lived with a German guy when he was studying in the University last year. I just can't stop laughing when my brother told me the funny stories about him. You will be stunned by the way this German guy eat our Malaysian style instant noodles (Maggi Mee). First he just break the noodles and put it into a cup, then add some water and eat it. LOL! I asked my brother how could the instant noodles be eaten in this way, it is not Mamee (one of the snacks which we used to eat when we were little), one might get tummy bugs/diarrhea. The German guy told my brother this is the way he eat it and he has been eating it this way when he was in Germany. -_-"

Then he told me this guy also likes to bake mayo chicken wings and bake the whole batch of wings every time he cook. He would invite my brother to have some if he cannot finish or just put the leftover in the fridge. The next day he just take the chicken wing out of the fridge and eat it cold, I was like 'huh!!' when I heard this. Wouldn't him get tummy bugs by eating this way? According to my brother, the mayo wings is tasty (when it is hot) but he doesn't know how to make it and he has also lost contact with this funny guy.

The wording 'Mayo Chicken Wing' is tempting! I started to google through different blogs and found this recipes in My Kithchen Snippets blog. I like this blog, it just make me feel like I am back to Malaysia. I has been trying out different recipes from this blog and this time I am trying this Mayo Black Pepper wings. The mayo chicken wings turn out really yummy and I would cook it again in the future, for sure.  I have slightly tweak the recipe to a no blend version, the original recipe call to blend the ingredients into paste but I am lazy for the extra washing, I used store bought ginger paste and garlic mayo instead, and use garlic infused olive oil for drizzling. This is my first time of baking this dish, I will try again by using garlic and ginger and blend them into paste

Recipe adapted from Grilled Mayonnaise Black Pepper Wings
Ingredients:
10pcs chicken wings
1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
1 tbsp ginger paste
1 tbsp honey
1 tbsp sugar
3 tbsp of garlic mayonnais
a pinch of salt
garlic infused olive oil for drizzling

Steps:
1)  Wash chicken wings and set aside.
2) Mix all other ingredients in a mixing bowl. Put in the chicken wings and marinate it overnight.
3) Pre-heat the oven to ~200 degC. Line a tray with aluminium foil and drizzle it with some garlic infused olive oil/oil. Place marinated chicken wing on the tray.
4) Bake for about 20 minutes, remove the tray and turn the chicken wings to the other side, bake for another 25 minutes or until it is cooked. Serve warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment