Sunday 22 August 2010

Curly Hair

I had my hair permed about a month ago. I used to like my curly hair styles, but, not this time. I feel annoying sometimes, not to my hair, but the curl serum that are available here in the UK, the choices are limited, and my hair still looks frizzy, heavy, oily, hard, etc after each application. There is no Lucido-L selling here, a Japanese brand which I used to love when I was having curly hair back in my home country. This curl cream leave my hair feel soft, curly and bouncy without the feel of heaviness. Just wonder why it is so hard to find a japanese products here? Lucido-L, SKII, Kose, and most of the Japanese ingredients.
I had been trying different products these days and almost turn my hair into 'white-mice'..Here is my saying to those products...

These are the products for curly hair which I personally feel they aren't so good. 
VO5- my friend recommended me to this product. She said using spray enable higher manageability of the curly hair. However, I stopped after the first application, because it made my hair feel hard and it not really calms frizz. 
L'oreal Curl Power Mousse- another friend told me, mousse is more manageable than spray, as spray tend to give 'hard and sticky' hair. I tried and stopped using it after a number of time. Mousse created a define and rebellious curls, however, it also depend on the amount you used. It is fine when you use a small amount for mid-length curly hair, plus a small amount of hair serum. The curl become sticky and heavy if you use more. There was one time my colleague asked me why my hair looks wet everytime he sees me, I didn't reply to him but smile. This product give glossy shine.
Frizz-ease- I have no idea why they call this Frizz-ease..My hair still looks frizzy after I applied it, and it feel hard and sticky.
TrevorSorbie curl cream- I used to think cream is easier to apply because I had been using the Lucido-L curl cream previously. This one made my hair feel heavy and sticky if you over the amount.

I am happy with these products.
The pink on the left- this is good if you use a small amount. It give a touchable texture and desirable curl, however, your hair feel sticky when you exceed the amounts. Overall, it is good.
The Aussie at the middle- I am in love with it. Aussie Dual Personality serum which give curl definition and soft feel. No frizzy, no sticky, no heavy, no glossy for whatever amount you use, and it give soft curl feeling.
Toni & Guy soft curl cream- I like this, but not as much as the Aussie. This tend to give soft curl but not ease to apply because it is not a runny type cream. Good to apply on towel-dried hair.

This is the day to day serum, can be used on any hair style. I would recommend Toni&Guy, a bit expensive but good to use.

These are curly hair mask, shampoo and conditioner.
I do not like the 'hard and crunchy' feel after shampooing, so do not prefer the curl replenishing mask. The others two work fine.

I am using this soft sponge hair care curler to maintain my curls...No curl tong, no hot curl rollers, no chemical, etc, a more 'environmental friendly' way to maintain my curls without heat damage it. Bought this in Ebay, not expensive, but need to apply for a longer time if compare to curl tong or hot curl rollers.


4 comments:

  1. those pink hair curler look like peaches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah... abit lazy to do it after a while...my hair no longer looks curly now

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi.. Can u recomanded me the brand for straightening hair

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, I am afraid I am not able to recommend you any...maybe straightener and cream will do the job?

      Delete