Sunday 29 August 2010

Braised Pork Ribs

After reading the Braised Pork Ribs recipes from Story of Bing I decided to cook one myself. While I was cooking, the aroma of the sauce is oozing from the kitchen. However, for those who doesn't like the smell of cinnamon will probably think this is not tasty, particularly Chong, he ran away when I was cooking this dish.

If you visit the Story of Bing's blog, you probably think that I got a poor lousy photography skill. Yeah, to be honest, I must admit that there are still plenty of space to be improved!
The following recipes adopted from Story of Bing,

Ingredients:
Pork ribs
Chinese mushrooms (sliced)
6-8 Garlic Cloves
1 stick cinnamon
5 star anise
1 tsp cloves
1.5 cup Shaoxing Wine
3 cup water
2 tablespoon oyster sauce
1 tablespoon dark soy sauce
2 tsp sugar
2 tsp dark vinegar (or Balsamic Vinegar)

Serve with:
Sliced Chilli in light soy sauce



1. Lightly fry the pork ribs until it is cooked.

2. Mix all the sauces (apart from water) before pouring into the pot. 
3. After the pork ribs is cooked, transfer it into a pot, together with the mixed sauces and water, cooked for 20-25 mins.

4. I served the braised pork ribs with noodles, instead of rice. (don't feel like wanted to eat rice everyday). Added some steamed cauliflower, as the braised pork ribs look meaty.

To my disappointment, Chong didnt eat much, because of the cinnamon taste. But I do like it although it is a heavy taste meal.



3 comments:

  1. And you never invited me to any dinner....though you cook so well

    ReplyDelete
  2. the food looks tempting! i'm gonna try that soon! :-)

    Babi
    http://whenbabispeaks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Babi, thanks for visiting...have a try if you like the smell of cinnamon and star anise..

    ReplyDelete