Congolais Ou Rochers Coco (french) is an quick and easy baked coconut ball. It is similar to coconut macaroons except this recipe call for whole egg instead of just egg whites. It has a slightly crispy exterior with soft and chewy interior. These sweet coconut balls are great for any occasions, be it a tea time gathering or the coming festive seasons. It is also great to make it together with kids.
This is the book that I used to bake the coconut balls. 法国经典甜点 La Patisserie Francaise Pour Tous
Author: Francis Maes 法兰西斯。马耶斯 and 林凤美
170g dessicated coconut
15g cake flour
1) Preheat oven to 175 degC. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
2) Put sugar and dessicated coconut into a mixing bowl, mix well.
3) Add in 2 eggs, mix well.
4) Add in cake flour, mix well.
5) Use a measuring spoon to scoop out a spoonful of the mixture, shape into a dome shape and place it on a baking tray. See pic below
6) Repeat Step 5) until all the mixture has used up.
7) Put into oven and bake for 15 minutes. Remove and leave it to cool.
8) Done and ready to eat!
-Leave it to cool before storing it into a container. It can be stored up to 2 weeks.
-If you are living in a hot country with high humidity, the coconut balls would probably gone soft after few days, you can re-bake it in the oven for 10 minutes to remove the moisture, leave it to cool before eating.