Sunday 24 February 2013

Cornflakes Cookie

Happy Chap Goh Mei! Today is the last day of Chinese New Year, Chap Goh Mei (or 元宵节). I was thinking to make Nian Gao but it is 6pm in the evening now, do you think I still manage to make one? And I have so many tasks on hand, and only me and baby now, the ironing, the dinner, feeding and bathing my baby, so on.....I am over ambitious, as always, hehe....But I am going to share with you guys the cookie I made before CNY, this is one of the cookie I made for this year-> the cornflakes cookies.



Cornflakes cookie
Recipe adapted from Karen's Kitchen

Ingredients:
60g unsalted butter, melted
50g honey
1 Tbsp sugar
180g cornflakes
a pinch of salt
3 Tbsp white sesame seed, lightly toasted

Steps:
1) Preheat oven to 150 degC.
2) In a mixing bowl, put in melted unsalted butter, honey, sugar and salt. Mix until well combined. (I just melt the butter in microwave for about 1 minute before mixing with the other ingredients)
3) Add in cornflakes and sesame seeds. Mix until cornflakes are evenly coated with the mixture.
4) Line the mini paper cases on the baking tray. Spoon cornflake mixture into mini paper case and bake at 150 degC for about 10-15 minutes.
5) Remove from oven, store in airtight container when it is completely cooled.




8 comments:

  1. Happy Chap Goh Mei! Nian Gao seems to be a challenging thing to cook especially after 6pm.

    In my opinion, although less traditional, I think that these cookies are easier and nicer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look delicious. So crispy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Stephanie this is always a winner with my kids. I usually make a huge batch and it will all be gone in a day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not only your kids, winner with me too...I cannot stop eating when they are in front of me..hehe

      Delete
  4. Hi Stephanie,
    Happy belated. Cap Goh Mei dear!
    Making Nian Gao after 6pm is a challenging job.: )
    But these crispy cornflakes are really a winner. My kids n I would munch non stop :p
    mui

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stephanie, If you ask me to choose between nian gao and these cookies, I will choose these cornflakes cookies anytime!

    ReplyDelete