Happy Chap Goh Mei! Today is the last day of Chinese New Year, Chap Goh Mei (or 元宵节). I was thinking to make Nian Gao but it is 6pm in the evening now, do you think I still manage to make one? And I have so many tasks on hand, and only me and baby now, the ironing, the dinner, feeding and bathing my baby, so on.....I am over ambitious, as always, hehe....But I am going to share with you guys the cookie I made before CNY, this is one of the cookie I made for this year-> the cornflakes cookies.
Recipe adapted from Karen's Kitchen
60g unsalted butter, melted
1 Tbsp sugar
a pinch of salt
3 Tbsp white sesame seed, lightly toasted
1) Preheat oven to 150 degC.
2) In a mixing bowl, put in melted unsalted butter, honey, sugar and salt. Mix until well combined. (I just melt the butter in microwave for about 1 minute before mixing with the other ingredients)
3) Add in cornflakes and sesame seeds. Mix until cornflakes are evenly coated with the mixture.
4) Line the mini paper cases on the baking tray. Spoon cornflake mixture into mini paper case and bake at 150 degC for about 10-15 minutes.
5) Remove from oven, store in airtight container when it is completely cooled.