I seldom make muffins as I always can't bake a good muffins. After reading through the mini cookbooks that Mui sent me few weeks ago, I decided to give it a try again. The mini cookbooks contains many easy to follow cupcakes and muffins recipes, with easily available ingredients. I have marked up some of them and going to try them out very soon (hopefully), hehe... As I have some left over chocolate chips sitting in my pantry, I decided to bake chocolate chip muffins as my first attempt from the cookbooks. I have used a mixture of white and dark chocolate chips since I have not enough dark chocolate chips, the result turned out as good. It is yummy and with the chocolatey flavour.
Chocolate Chip Muffins (Recipe adapted from Cupcakes and Muffins Mini Cookbooks)
300g plain flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
120g brown sugar
100g chocolate chips
2 eggs, beaten
180 ml milk
110g butter, melted
1) Preheat oven to 180 degC. Line muffin tin with paper liners.
2) Sift together flour, baking powder and salt. Add brown sugar and chocolate chips and mix well. Set aside.
3) In a mixing bowl, combine eggs, milk and melted butter. Add flour mixture and mix quickly until well blended.
4) Spoon batter into prepared muffin tin, fill each cup to about three quarters full. Bake for about 15 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre of cakes comes out clean.
5) Leave to cool on a wire rack before serving.
|By replacing the choc chips with dried cranberries, I got the cranberies muffins! They are equally good.|